Get ready to Ride! Here is our event weekend schedule. Greater detail can be found in our 2018 Ride! Book for athletes only.
Friday, March 2, 2018, Westlake Village Studios, Four Seasons Hotel, 2 Dole Drive
4:00pm - 7:00pm Early Athlete Packet Pick-Up & SPONSOR SHOWCASE
- 5:30pm - 9:30pm Exclusive Malibu GRANFONDO dinner menu at Lobby Lounge at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
DAY ONE: Westlake Village Studios, Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village, Saturday, March 3, 2018
• 5:30am - Exclusive pre-ride opening hour for participants of the Malibu GRANFONDO at Stir at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
• 5:30am - Exclusive pre-ride opening hour for participants of the Malibu GRANFONDO at Lobby Lounge at Four Seasons Hotel Westlake
• 6:30am - Event Venue Opens. Mandatory Athlete Check-In and same day Packet Pick-Up available until 8:00am, with complimentary coffee available.
• 8am - 151km Full GRANFONDO Pro Experience Start
• 8:30am - 110km Social Experience Moderate Route Start
• 12:30pm - 4:00pm Complimentary post ride bike wash and valet
• 12:30pm - 4:30pm Complimentary post ride CyclistsMassage
• 6pm to 8pm - Wine and Tapas Reception at the Four Seasons Wellness Kitchen and Terrace, featuring Day One results, Day Two Time Trial starting order and current overall standings in individual and team competition.
DAY TWO: Vintage Grocers, Trancas Country Market in Malibu, Sunday, March 4, 2018
• 7am - Event Venue Opens. Mandatory Athlete Check-In available until 8:30am. Same day Packet Pick-Up available for Time Trial only athletes.
• 8am - 20km Race of Truth Time Trial, starting on 30 sec. intervals
• 9am - Group Start Recovery Ride!
• 10am to 1pm - Sunday Brunch provided by Vintage Grocers & Afternoon Awards Celebration on the lawns of Trancas Country Market.
- While this Ride! is timed, it is not a race and it rolls rain or shine.
- You must bring a valid ID and physically sign waiver to pick up your bib # and timing chip.
- No day-of registration permitted.
- Athletes must physically sign in at the start on BOTH days.
- Bib number is to be affixed to the RIGHT SIDE of the jersey only.
- Provided wristband is to be worn the entire weekend and allows access to all events.
- Rest stop hours have taken into consideration both Pro and Social paces. Athletes are encouraged to enjoy the experience along the Malibu GRANFONDO route, while allowing enough time to return to the Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village for lunch.
- The timed portion for both Pro & Social routes stops at the top of the KOM/QOM Latigo Canyon climb.
- There is a 3:00pm cutoff for finish time at the top of Latigo.
- If you reach the top of Latigo after 3:00pm you will not receive an official finish time but can continue on the course back to the Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village.
- Lunch ends promptly at 4:00pm.
- SAG support vehicles will be available throughout the day. Please be aware of Rest Stop hours and understand that if you arrive outside these hours, support may not be available.
- All athletes must use bike lanes or ride as far to the right as is safe. All roads are open to vehicular traffic.
- Course will be marked with bright blue route arrows and directional signage. Use caution when directed.
- Omnium Results are posted at the completion of Day 2 and Awards are presented to the top finishers, based on overall cumulative time for the Pro Experience only. Award Categories are determined based on total number of participants.
- No refunds - transfer of registration available by special request.